Peltier cooling for medium and outgas
- Medium cooling / outgas condensation without liquid
- No need of expensive circulated cooling water / chiller / thermo water bath
- Saves expensive laboratory bench-space
- Peltier electronic cooling is an optional accessory for medium cooling / outgas or exhaust gas condensation
- MINIFOR start-up and advanced kit includes cooling loop (except 0.3 L vessel) and glass outgas condenser
Peltier cooling loop for medium
Art. No. 800087
Peltier outgas condenser
Art. No. 800083
Principle of LAMBDA Peltier cooling
The cooling with Peltier device is based on the electronic cooling effect produced by the flow of electric current through a Peltier cell. The
Peltier cell allows cooling of the medium without the necessity of other means like a refrigerating compressor or cooling water baths. LAMBDA has selected a cooling loop working according to the “heat pipe” principle, which has an advantage of having up to 80 times higher heat conduction compared to copper (!) and can be used with various levels of medium. It works even when the loop is not entirely submerged in the medium.
The LAMBDA Peltier cooling system is extremely compact and advantageous when cultures should be run at temperatures close to the room temperature or a few degrees below the room temperature. Lower temperatures can be achieved by isolation of the vessel with convenient isolating material. The LAMBDA Peltier cooling loop eliminates the need of refrigerated circulating baths, which are expensive and take a lot of valuable bench surface.
The LAMBDA Peltier cooling loop is, however, not intended as a replacement of a standard refrigerated cooling bath, in applications, where an intensive and fast cooling of the medium is required.